Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Baalberith / Hex Morbidity / Forneus - In satan´s honour (Uk)


 


 

  




Baalberith / Hex Morbidity / Forneus - In satan´s honour (Uk)

This 3 way split is a great surprise in the underground black metal scene of today I can say. It include some of the better black metal bands coming from Uk these days. First when I heard about it I thought that this is probably a typical middle standard release, but damn how wrong I was about that. First band up is Baalberith with three tracks and first "Abortion of Religious Futility" is absolutely a written blackened masterpiece. I could in fact have bought the split only for this track. It has all that some real aggressive and evil metal can be expected for in some real well played black metal band. Next one "Quest for Satan" is a faster one that reminded me a lot of old Dissection and Deicide, like it, but is not my favorite. Third one "Apparition of Skulls" starts up mystic and a bit melancholic to went over to slower dark filled song that really kicks ass. This is also a written masterpiece as the first one. Next band on the album is Hex Morbidity with "Holy Shrines" that is a nice surprise for me as I have not heard so much of this band before. The song have lots of aggression and rawness. Track two "Unbaptized" is a damn good one, liked this one a lot more than the first with then. This gived me the feeling of bands from late 80´s and early 90´s. In fact it reminds a bit of very early Marduk, Treblinka and Sorcery to mention some bands, damn good track that I will listen much more on. Last one up is "Stench of Lord and Lamb" that is a nice one with a good dark atmospheric feeling + that I had the feeling of listening to the first album of Merciless and Morbid Angel. Best track is the second one with them in my opinion. But the band shall have some extra push for a very nice variation in their song writing, damn good work. Third band up is Forneus that opens up with "Litanies of Hatred", what can I say here except for total mayhem and hammering raw black metal music that really went into my ears immediately. This one kicks asses with lots of other bands out there. Second track " Embrace the Covenant" is a bit slower, but far from soft or nice, hehe..really liked the parts in it that made me thinking of some songs with good old Bathory, Dissection and early Gorgoroth. Last track with Forneus is "Blood Eagle (The Exile)" that is a good song and have both some slower melody parts along with rhytmic and almost heavy ritual feeling in it, very good track that needs some extra listening. Some last words to say about this split, go and get it. This is without any doubt one of the best splits I have heard at least during whole 2013. And I have hard to believe that I will hear another one where all bands are very equal when it comes to their playing. I can´t say that one band is better than the other one, because here has all three a lot of that you expect to find and wanna hear in black metal. So what are you waiting for, support the underground scene and you will not regret it.